Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lighting Project


This was a lighting project I did in my junior year, you pick a still image and model, texture and light to mimic that image. I picked a still from a movie 'the vertical ray of the sun'. I liked the color and the texture of the scene. It looked challenging to get that 'run down', 'lived in', and 'used' feel to it in CG.
This project used about 30 spot lights. Later while working on my thesis, I found a way to light a scene a little more efficiently.
People ask where did those people go. Well, they went outside for a bit :)

2 comments:

Ben Shafer said...

wow. great job matching the mood and feeling of that shot. You picked a great still....I agree the colors and texture are really interesting.

Yusun said...

awww thank you for visiting!!
I'm going to link your site, too.
I've seen your DS paintings and I totally love them!